Our approach to Venture Investments
We strive to invest in companies that develop innovative drugs, medical devices and diagnostics.
We focus on generating strong financial returns from our portfolio of venture companies. We invest in both private and public companies from an open evergreen fund. This funding structure enables us to take a long-term perspective.
With colleagues on the ground in Copenhagen, London, Singapore, San Francisco and Boston, we are well positioned in the major global life science hubs and can quickly respond to new and exciting investment opportunities wherever they emerge.
We invest in biotechnology, medical technology and digital health companies. Within biotech we primarily invest in companies with late preclinical or clinical stage compounds. In medtech and digital health, we invest in commercial stage companies.
We work actively with the companies we invest in by serving on the Boards of Directors. Companies can also draw on our extensive network, as well as our commercial and scientific expertise within the life sciences.
During 2022, Venture Investments executed 38 investments. We deployed EUR 403 million during the year. Investment highlights include:
- Nuvig Therapeutics, Inc. closed a EUR 43 million series A financing.
- Rondo Therapeutics closed a EUR 62 million series A financing.
- F2G Ltd entered into a collaboration with Shionogi & Co Ltd with an upfront payment of EUR 93 million and additional milestone payments of up to EUR 354 million. Later in the year F2G announced a EUR 65 million financing.
- Disc Medicine and Gemini Therapeutics announced a merger agreement to create a NASDAQ-listed, clinical-stage biopharma company.
- Verve Therapeutics closed a follow-on public offering, raising EUR 241 million.