Member of the Board since 2017.
Jean-Luc Butel was born in 1956 and is a Singaporean national. He received a BA in International Affairs from George Washington University and an MBA in International Management from Thunderbird`s School of Global Management.
Jean-Luc Butel has over 35 years of international business development experience across the healthcare industry. He joined Johnson & Johnson Medical in 1984. In 1991, he joined Becton Dickinson & Company as President Japan and then became President Worldwide Consumer Healthcare. From 1999 to 2003, Jean-Luc Butel was President of Johnson & Johnson Independence Technology (IT). He joined Medtronic in 2003, where he served as Senior Vice President and was later appointed Executive Vice President and President, International. In 2012, Jean-Luc Butel joined Baxter International Inc. as the Corporate Vice President and President, International. From 2015 to 2017, he was a Senior Advisor for McKinsey & Company‘s Healthcare Systems & Services.
Other Board Positions and Management Duties:
- Advisor, Novo Holdings A/S Advisory Group (NAG), Denmark.
- Board Member and Member of the Nominating Committee, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Japan
- Board Member, Rani therapeutics, United States
- Board Member, Jana Care, United States
- Board Member and Member of the Investment Committee, SGInnovate, Singapore
- Board Member, National Medical Research Council, Singapore