Member of the Board since 2017 and Chair since July 2018.
Lars Rebien Sørensen was born in 1954 and is a Danish national. He received an MSc in Forestry from the Copenhagen Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University in 1981 and a BSc in International Economics from Copenhagen Business School in 1983.
Lars Rebien Sørensen has over 35 years of general management experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He joined the Novozymes A/S (then Novo Nordisk A/S, Enzymes Division) Marketing team in 1982. Over the years he held various global positions across the Middle East and the United States. In 1994, he was appointed a member of the corporate management team and assumed responsibility for the Novozymes A/S Healthcare Business. In November 2000, he became President and CEO of Novo Nordisk A/S, a position he held until December 2016.
Other Board Positions and Management Duties:
- Chair of the Board, Novo Nordisk Foundation, Denmark
- Executive Chair of the Board, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland
- Chair of the Advisory Board, Axcel Management A/S, Denmark
- Board Member, Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc., United States
- Board Member, Essity AB, Sweden
- Board Member, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Switzerland
- Adjunct Professor, the University of Copenhagen’s School of Life Sciences (appointed in 2007)
- Adjunct Professor, the Center for Corporate Governance at Copenhagen Business School (appointed in 2018)